Is Giving One of Your Resolutions This Year?
You are here
5 Affirmations to Help You Reach Your Goal
The start of a new year often brings a list of goals people wish to accomplish in the coming months. This can include aspirations to be more charitable, volunteer more or even learn a new skill.
If you’ve resolved to be more generous this year, following are five affirmations to help you reach your goal.
- I will reflect on key experiences and influences in my life when deciding where to give. Supporting the places and organizations that have impacted you ensures they will be there for others in the future.
- I will study the best methods for making donations. There are ways you can give, even if you can’t part with assets today, such as a gift in your estate plan. Explore your giving options to make sure you choose the right one for you.
- I will make charitable giving a part of my estate plan. This is a simple and heartfelt way to ensure your support continues for generations to come.
- I will encourage others to give. You can inspire others to give simply by doing it yourself. It sets an example for children and encourages others to join.
- I will consider my financial responsibility to my family as I design my charitable giving. Supporting the University of Minnesota Duluth shouldn’t come at the cost of your loved one’s security. Look for ways to give that consider their needs as well.
Want to Include UMD in Your Giving This Year?
If supporting UMD is part of your giving plan this year, we can help you find the right gift for you. Contact Tricia Bunten at email@example.com or 218-726-7989 or 866-726-7110 (toll free) to get started.
Information contained herein was accurate at the time of posting. The information on this website is not intended as legal or tax advice. For such advice, please consult an attorney or tax advisor. Figures cited in any examples are for illustrative purposes only. References to tax rates include federal taxes only and are subject to change. State law may further impact your individual results. Annuities are subject to regulation by the State of California. Payments under such agreements, however, are not protected or otherwise guaranteed by any government agency or the California Life and Health Insurance Guarantee Association. A charitable gift annuity is not regulated by the Oklahoma Insurance Department and is not protected by a guaranty association affiliated with the Oklahoma Insurance Department. Charitable gift annuities are not regulated by and are not under the jurisdiction of the South Dakota Division of Insurance.